FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion 3's 3-D environment

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russ Andersson
Motion 3's 3-D environment
on Jul 13, 2007 at 8:13:10 pm

I've been looking at the Motion 3 3-D environment a bit ago as part of working on a SynthEyes/Motion3 export. As far as I can tell, Motion 3 does not support meshes in the 3-D environment, nor persistent individual null points to use to mark the 3-D tracker locations (they disappear when not selected). So I'm a bit puzzled by what the thought is, how the 3-D environment in Motion is really supposed to be used and might be used as a match-moving target. You can't add things to a scene unless you can tell where everything else is.

So the main question: is there something else that can be created in this environment, something that I'm not seeing?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Motion 3's 3-D environment
on Jul 14, 2007 at 7:45:20 am

3D is motion is more like 2.5D as it is in After Effects. Objects have positions in 3D space but most items don't have depth. And the 3d format Motion uses is not compatible with most other 3D and tracking programs.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and Final Cut Pro!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Russ Andersson
Re: Motion 3's 3-D environment
on Jul 16, 2007 at 10:56:22 pm

Anyone with some comments on what the Motion 3 3-D environment *can* be used for? Any ways you might want to use it reasonably with matchmoved cameras?

The different data format isn't the issue --- I have an initial rough cut that exports 3-D camera moves to Motion 3. But I'm asking if it is worth the trouble to finish it---if there is a way to ultimately use the results in Motion 3, notwithstanding the initial hurdle of getting data into it.

If you want to use Motion 3's 3-D environment with camera tracking data, now is the time to speak up, and point out a productive way to configure Motion for that work. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]