FORUMS: list search recent posts

changing font in a PSD file in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mortimer heathcliff
changing font in a PSD file in Motion
on Jun 29, 2007 at 10:08:26 pm

i've successfully opened a psd file ("as a project") in Motion (2.0.1). i can select the layer with text, move it around and all, but i can't change the text itself. can't change what is typed in there. any ideas on why this is so and is there a workaround?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: changing font in a PSD file in Motion
on Jun 30, 2007 at 12:45:46 am

There isn't a workaround because Photoshop text layers are not editable in Motion. You either need to replace with text created in Motion or edit in Photoshop.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and Final Cut Pro!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

mortimer heathcliff
on Jun 30, 2007 at 4:33:57 am

thanks Noah. that's what i ended up doing, but just hoping there might have been something that i wasn't doing right...

i wonder if Motion 3 works a little better with psd's? actually, Motion 2 is pretty good with psd's, save for that little issue of editing text...but easy enough to work around without buying Photoshop...

Return to posts index

mortimer heathcliff
on Jun 30, 2007 at 4:34:29 am

thanks Noah. that's what i ended up doing, but just hoping there might have been something that i wasn't doing right...

i wonder if Motion 3 works a little better with psd's? actually, Motion 2 is pretty good with psd's, save for that little issue of editing text...but easy enough to work around without buying Photoshop...

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 30, 2007 at 6:30:05 am

No different in Motion 3 and it's not likely ever to happen IMHO. If you could edit Photoshop text in Motion it would do away with the need to own Photoshop, which I'd imagine wouldn't sit well with Adobe.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and Final Cut Pro!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]