FORUMS: list search recent posts

Conduit?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rogert
Conduit?
on Jun 25, 2007 at 3:44:32 am

Has anyone here used the conduit plugin from DVgarage ? Is it a decent substitute for shake?

Return to posts index

specialcase
Re: Conduit?
on Jun 25, 2007 at 2:47:25 pm

Heya,

I wouldn't prefer it for film compositing, but it does allow for similarly atomic procedural compositing (rolling your own keyers, etc).

If you're doing broadcast work (and you don't have a render farm), it would probably meet a lot of your needs as well as Shake.

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
on Jun 25, 2007 at 6:50:06 pm

Considering how powerful it is, it is very easy to use. I've been using it and it beats the pants off of FCP or Motion's built in keyers. I don't think you could use it as a replacement for Shake, unless you're not doing the complicated type of effects that Shake really stands out on. Either way, it's not a waste of money, IMHO.

Winston A. Cely
Editor/Owner | Della St. Media, LLC

"If God could do the tricks we can do, He'd be a happy Man." - Peter O'Toole - "The Stuntman"

Mac Pro 3GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
4 GB RAM | Final Cut Studio 5.1.4 | Aja Kona LHe

Return to posts index

Arniepix
on Jun 25, 2007 at 8:06:10 pm

It doesn't really replace Shake, but it allows you some of the functionallity of Shake inside of FCP & Motion, so you might not need to send as many shots to Shake.

For simple to intermediate comps, it works quite well. For more complex shots, you're better off in Shake.

And to make scratch comps in FCP so that I can work out timing before sending shots to Shake, it just rocks.

Arnie

Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com/blog

Return to posts index

nicholastoth
on Jun 28, 2007 at 1:12:02 pm

Conduit is great for basic stuff. Pulling a simple key, or doing some simple color corrections on multipass 3d animations. Especially if you know the nodal approach, and not the motion effects approach to a concept, it comes together pretty quick. The tutorials on their site can really get you rolling pretty quick.

Conduit's edge is speed. Quick and simple nodal compositing. It has about 10% of the functionality of shake, but speedwise it IS REDICULOUS. Everything happens in realtime. Your quicktime output will wind up being a minute or two.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]