FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anybody find a fix to the Motion3 lighting bug?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mattdawgpro
Anybody find a fix to the Motion3 lighting bug?
on Jun 18, 2007 at 8:58:54 pm

Hi Everyone,
Just wondering if anyone had found a fix to the lighting bug, where once you add enough lights it renders everything at full white? I can't even put 2 spotlights into my comp right now... I have one spot and one point I've adjusted to look like a spot as best as I could, but I can't ad any other lights without it bugging out. Thanks for your help.
Matt

Return to posts index

lasvideo
Re: Anybody find a fix to the Motion3 lighting bug?
on Jun 18, 2007 at 9:37:39 pm

I thought that those limitations were unique to my G5 and its Radeon
9600 XT card. Maybe thats NOT the case?

Return to posts index

Mattdawgpro
on Jun 18, 2007 at 11:15:26 pm

Maybe it is, I'm running the same card.

Return to posts index

Sam Zimman
on Jun 21, 2007 at 2:11:18 pm

Lets hope not. That is the best card that works in a G5.

Return to posts index

Wayne Franklin
on Jul 22, 2007 at 3:35:03 pm

FWIW, I'm using the same card in a dual 2.5 G5 and also having lighting (plus a ton of other) problems with Motion 3. Only I'm not getting full white like you guys are, but my objects are superimposed by full opacity orange boxes.

Check out these little tests to see if you're having similar symptoms:

1. Edit a motion template (preferably one you knock out quickly) featuring drop zones into an FCP sequence. Attempt to add a clip to the drop zone through the Controls tab of the Viewer (as instructed in the manuals.) When I do this, I get a thumbnail in the "Clip Well," but no changes to the resulting video.

2. Add the Behind Camera 3D behavior to some text in Motion. All I get is a fade in from left.

3. If you have upgraded to 3.0.1, try creating a motion path for the camera (using the motion path behavior). GIve it specific reference points, or frame something with the camera so you'll know if it moves. Save the project and return to it. When I do this, the control points on the motion path offset in X-Z space, though the numerical value of the points remain the same.

If you have time, let me know especially about #1. That's the one that is really buggering my workflow.

Thanks,

-w-

The cheese stands alone.

Return to posts index

lasvideo
on Jul 22, 2007 at 6:28:49 pm

Same card....same problem. And still MASSIVE rendering slowdown on IMBEDDED Motion 3 projects in FCP6...Wont use FCP2 with clients until this is resolved.

Return to posts index

Wayne Franklin
on Jul 23, 2007 at 6:07:04 am

Yeah, that rendering is unbelievably slow. I'm too far into this project too back up now, but man, will I be glad when this is resolved!

I'm getting a used Radeon X800 XT (Is that right? Why can't they just call these things "Bob" or something?) from a friend tomorrow. I'll update on whether that solves any of the issues.

Return to posts index

Santiago Gutierrez
on Jul 25, 2007 at 3:08:26 pm

The rendering slowdown is because FCP is set to render all Motion 'movies' at Best quality by default, regardless of the setting you have specified inside of Motion. To fix this in FCP, open up your sequence settings and go to the "Always Render Movies in Best quality" setting. This will now make FCP look to whatever you've set up in Motion (usually Normal quality).
This will fix your slow rendering problems. However, I've had nothing but trouble whenever I do opacity changes on Motion projects, such as a cross dissolve. I get these purple flashes where the whole frame gets colorized for the length of the dissolve. It happens randomly and usually when clients are in the room. Because of this, I'm rendering all files inside of motion and bringing the Quicktimes into FCP. A real PITA. This is on a Mac Pro with the X1900 XT card.

Return to posts index

lasvideo
on Jul 25, 2007 at 3:13:24 pm

Unfortunately all the projects (commercials, informercials) I work on
need to be rendered at best quality. It is small consolation to know that renders are faster at an unacceptable, lower quality setting.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]