FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D Texts and shapes in Motion 3?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
phosphene
3D Texts and shapes in Motion 3?
on Jun 18, 2007 at 3:58:44 am

Is there a way to make text in motion 3 dimensional. There's all these fancy flying text behaviors, but the actual text is 2D. Is there a way to make the actual fonts have 3 dimensions and depth? So we can see the sides of the letters as they turn.

I'm thinking of like the zaxwerks plugin in after effects. with zaxwerks you can take any font or vector image and make it 3D, add reflections, lighting and all that.

I'm surprised to find that i'm limited to 2d fonts in motion 3. am i just missing something?

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
Re: 3D Texts and shapes in Motion 3?
on Jun 18, 2007 at 6:54:37 am

Yes, there are various ways you can make 3D text within Motion3.
All of them are a workaround though and some work better than others.

I've written a tutorial on the different methods here:-

http://idustrialrevolution.com/content/blogsection/5/41/

Just a note, if you are browsing on an intel machine, use firefox as sometimes safari gets a bit confused & quits with all the media on the page. Apple engineers please note :)

Peter

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 18, 2007 at 8:22:57 am

Peter- good tutorial. What do you use to author your web pages? I've viewed one's with a lot more media on them that don't crash Safari. Maybe there's some style sheet or java in there that's not good for Safari?

Noah

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on Jun 18, 2007 at 8:25:16 am

Its all done in Joomla, the video displayed is using a plugin. Funny that it works on a PPC with safari, but sometimes quits on the intel.

Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]