FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why is Motion sooo slow now I have upgraded?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
head_ed
Why is Motion sooo slow now I have upgraded?
on Jun 14, 2007 at 9:56:56 am

I upgraded to FCP Studio 2 last week, and whilst I love the new features of Motion 3, my renders have gone from almost real time to 2 HOURS for a 30 second piece (in SD mode)

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems, or am I being an idiot somehow?

TIA,

Martin
red90 ltd.

Return to posts index

Aaron Aphasia
Re: Why is Motion sooo slow now I have upgraded?
on Jun 14, 2007 at 12:12:20 pm

Yeah...I too have that problem. I found that if any program (ie. QuickTime) is open then it's even slower. Make sure all aps are closed and check your processor speed. M3 gobbles up everything to run it. A

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 14, 2007 at 2:38:10 pm

Motion 3 requires considerably more firepower than 2 to run optimally. What graphics card and Mac system are you on?

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and Final Cut Pro!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Chris Figat
on Jun 20, 2007 at 3:04:29 pm

Hey Noah, I've just picked up a 2.16ghz iMac with the 128mb video card and i'm upgrading to 3gb of RAM. I haven't upgraded to Final Cut Studio 2 yet, should i stick with running Motion 2 for now or do you think Motion 3 will run decently?

Return to posts index

Benjamin David
on Jun 18, 2007 at 10:06:24 am

Hi, I also have a huge problem with Motion in that there is almost none when it comes to navigating around the interface, let alone rendering. Simply scrubbing through footage on the timeline stalls the program which makes using it almost impossible. I'm running Motion 3 on a G5 with a 2 GHz processor, 3.5 GB of memory, and an ATI Radeon X800 XT graphics card. According to Apple's website this system falls well within the recomended requirements to run the program. I havn't had any trouble moving footage between Motion and Final Cut (as other posts have indicated) however Motion is so slow it is virtually redundent which is a real shame because what i have managed to do with it has been very encouraging. Any suggestions or do we have to wait for an update?

Ben.

Return to posts index

Shaggy
on Jul 12, 2007 at 6:57:53 pm

I also have a speed issue, Mac Pro Dual 2.66 Dual Core (that is 4 CPUs) 5GB RAM and GeForce 7300GT with 265 MB RAM.

This puppy is slow!!! :(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]