FORUMS: list search recent posts

jittery motion on render, 4:4:4 source, motion 3 urgent

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mattdawgpro
jittery motion on render, 4:4:4 source, motion 3 urgent
on Jun 13, 2007 at 9:52:27 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have 4 comps made from 444 HDSRW source material. The comps are all simple masks. My project settings are 1920x1080 23.98 progressive. When I render out any of these comps I get a weird jittery movement. I've tried exporting through compressor & motion, and importing the motion project into final cut and rendering, all to the same effect. I've tried Animation, TGA, and Uncompressed 422 codecs. I've done these same kind of comps in motion 2 and didn't have this problem before, could it be a motion 3 bug? I've also tried changing my project settings to 16bit instead of 8bit with no results. Has anyone else seen this problem or have any ideas what could be causing it? Thanks.
-Matt

Return to posts index

mattdawgpro
...more info
on Jun 13, 2007 at 10:15:32 pm

I thought I should add more info after reading my post. I've been rendering with frame blending off, motion blur off, and field rendering off. Also When I exported a 24 frame sample from the middle of my comp using compressor the motion looked fine, but when I exported the entire thing (about 4 seconds) using compressor the problem was back. Thanks.
-Matt

Return to posts index

Mattdawgpro
...even more info
on Jun 13, 2007 at 10:29:30 pm

So I now know why it looks jittery but not what is causing it. It is rending 2 frames normally, then skipping a frame, then duplicating a frame, and repeating. So the sequence of frames is like A-B-D-D-E-F-H-H etc... I don't get it.

Return to posts index

Mattdawgpro
This is totally F-ed
on Jun 13, 2007 at 11:02:49 pm

So... I've discovered it's an import problem. I tried a TGA quicktime as well as an Animation quicktime and both had the same problem. I made new projects, and imported the files and the duplicated frame problem occurs again and again. I even tried a 1080i project. Final Cut imports the files perfectly fine and playback is normal. I even made a Final Cut project that was set up for the animation codec, and did a "send to motion" from my timeline where the file played back fine, and when it got to motion the error occured again. Is anyone else seeing this happen? I'm going to try an image sequence which should work...

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: This is totally F-ed
on Jun 14, 2007 at 2:40:46 pm

What you're describing is pretty uncommon- as in most of us on this board aren't working with HDCAM SR footage. I suspect it's your import or even how the original material was created that's at issue, not what Motion is doing. You'd be best served by getting the original as an image sequence.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and Final Cut Pro!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

mattdawgpro
Re: This is totally F-ed
on Jun 14, 2007 at 4:29:26 pm

Thanks Noah,

Last night I went back and imported all the footage as image sequences and it worked fine. I still don't understand why motion didn't like the other files when Final Cut imported them perfectly. The files weren't native SR footage, they had been been converted from HD 444 23.98 into both Animation codec and Targa codec and neither worked. Anybody else have any idea why this happened?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]