Re-timing behaviour

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Enge
Re-timing behaviour
by
on Jun 12, 2007 at 7:52:45 pm

Hey,
been trying to use the new re-timing behaviour and it's still a bit of a minefield. Does anyone have a clue what the 're-timing value' is in the timing property window? After I have applied the behaviour to my clip and used the slider to ramp the speed, the re-timing values have an erratic and somewhat nonsensical value.
I'm quite interested to see if there are any tutorials out there too, so if anyone knows anything...

Thanks in advance,

Enge

Return to posts index

Zak Mussig
Re: Re-timing behaviour
on Jun 12, 2007 at 10:16:21 pm

Hey Enge,

"retime value" looks to me to be the frame number. So you're basically controlling when in your sequence you get to a particular frame in a clip. If your rate is faster than the frame rate of the footage it will be faster, if it's less than your frame rate it will be slower.

I'd say change your clip to variable speed and then switch to the keyframe editor to really get a visual idea of the effect you're having.

Hope that helps,
Zak

Return to posts index

Dion
by
on Jun 13, 2007 at 3:56:23 pm

Yes, it is the frame number of that clip.
If you are using the behaviors to retime (i.e. Set Speed) then you don't really need to worry too much about the Timing pane (except to set what type of frame blending you want).
The timeing pane is useful if you want to keyframe the speed change like you do in FCP but editing together multiple retiming behaviors can achieve a lot, quickly and they are a lot easier to modify too.

Return to posts index

will
by
on Jun 29, 2007 at 1:30:53 pm

Yeah, entering the direct percentage of the speed you want is much easier, but, I can't get the keyframe editor to display my keyframes when I modify the speed like this. So close! Anyone run this down?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]