FORUMS: list search recent posts

M3 Attach Particle to Paint Stroke

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lasvideo
M3 Attach Particle to Paint Stroke
on Jun 6, 2007 at 1:14:13 am

Anybody figure out yet how to attach a Library Emitter to a paint stroke so it follows the same path? In AE this requires a simple expression link...What does Motion need?

Return to posts index

specialcase
Re: M3 Attach Particle to Paint Stroke
on Jun 6, 2007 at 1:55:47 am

There's a handy new aspect to the Motion Path behavior in Motion 3: the Path Shape parameter now has a Geometry option. This means that you can use any shape object in Motion as the source for a Motion Path behavior. And since a paint stroke is actually a shape, you just need to apply a Motion Path behavior to your particle emitter, set it to Geometry, then drag-and-drop the paint stroke into the image-well to assign it.

Return to posts index

lasvideo
on Jun 6, 2007 at 2:29:54 am

Thanks alot.I give it a try.

Return to posts index

lasvideo
on Jun 6, 2007 at 2:45:20 am

Works like a charm on both paint strokes and pen strokes.

Return to posts index

Adolfo Rozenfeld
on Jun 6, 2007 at 3:48:05 am

[specialcase] "the Path Shape parameter now has a Geometry option. This means that you can use any shape object in Motion as the source for a Motion Path behavior."

Specialcase: I completely missed this new feature! It was a strong need I had, having more flexibility in terms of repurposing existing vector based elements (like shapes) as motion paths. Very useful!

WAIT a second! This option is also there for Path text layout! This is a good day!
I always found the way Motion dealt with different path types (shape/mask/motion/text) was very... not flexible in terms of building from existing elements. That has changed, I have to say.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
ar(AT)adolforozenfeld.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]