FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion 3 and Wondertouch particle emitters

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vipervision
Motion 3 and Wondertouch particle emitters
on May 28, 2007 at 9:51:45 am

Hi

I now use Motion 3 but my Wondertouch Particle emitters dosen't show. Why?? (there were no problem in Motion 2)

Return to posts index

specialcase
Re: Motion 3 and Wondertouch particle emitters
on May 28, 2007 at 8:38:56 pm

Heya,

I'm not sure (I don't own them), but I think the the Wondertouch emitter presets (and related media) were installed in the Motion Library path, which was in /Users/Shared/Motion/ in Motion 2.0.

As of the new version, all of Final Cut Studio seems to share a common content library path, which seems to be /Library/Applications Support/Final Cut Studio/.

I'd contact Wondertouch and ask them the proper way to relocate/reinstall the emitter presets is so that they'll show up in the new library location. They're just presets and images, so they should be compatible with Motion 3.

Return to posts index

vipervision
on May 29, 2007 at 9:33:06 pm

Hallo.

Thank you. That was a very usefull hint, and I will test it very soon. I-m very impressed that you contacted Wondertouch :-)

Return to posts index

James Roberts
on Sep 24, 2008 at 3:13:17 pm

Was this ever resolved? I'm interested in trying some of these, but I don't trust sites that haven't updated in a few years. Never any mention of Motion 3, not even a mention that 2006-2008 have happened.
Abandoned sites make me skeptical.

I've seen other situations where a new version of Apple software has shut out plugins previously compatible (Slick effects & iMovie)
and there seem to be sites just "alive" enough to still sell their downloads, but "dead" as far as keeping up with the times.

I'd like to know what to expect, but I can't even try to contact Wondertouch until much later in the day. Their "contact us" link won't work here at my job, and the site need Flash to even open, so I can't use my iPhone either.

I was hoping to see this thread end in a report of success, but it just leaves off with "I'll look into it". From May. Did you? Did it work?

Return to posts index

James Roberts
on Sep 25, 2008 at 1:37:00 pm

Never mind. I sorted it out when I got home. Once you go into the purchase process they describe the process for Motion 3. I started with the "small" group. There some nice ones in there.

I guess this wasn't a problem for many others, since the search brought up so little, but as I said above, I've been shut out of using purchased plugins before, and I wouldn't want to buy anything
already outdated.

For anyone else wondering, Go ahead and try them. Even the small set has some good smoke and fire effects not in the stock emitters.

Return to posts index

Brandon Ivey
on Feb 23, 2010 at 3:38:17 pm

I just recieved this as a gift from a friend of mine. He said his installed just fine but when I did it, motion wouldnt read them. I followed the instructions on the wondertouch website for motion 2, but that didnt work. I am using Motion 3. I even tried taking the files out of the wondertouch folders and putting them in the folders that are already there. No luck. Any advice?

Return to posts index

Brandon Ivey
on Feb 23, 2010 at 3:41:04 pm

Just to add, the files seems to be older. When I open the motion files, it says it is from an older motion and if I want to open the original or as "untitled" Neither open with anymore than a black screen.

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Feb 23, 2010 at 5:28:28 pm

Have you tried copying the particles from wondertouch folder then paste them in the Particle Emitters folder where all of your particles of motion are. Do not paste a folder, rather paste the particles in the motion Particle folder. You might find this will work. I am not sure where exactly the folder with particles of motion is. look for application Library/Application Support/Final Cut Studio/Motion/Library/Particle Emitters.

Please make sure that when you open Particle Emitters folder you can see particles inside this folder, if they are there, copy all of your wondertouch emitters inside as explained above.

Good Luck.

Return to posts index

Brandon Ivey
on Feb 24, 2010 at 2:45:04 pm

Yea, that's what I did. It finally started to work this morning. Very weird. Thanks!

Return to posts index

anthony sharpe
on Oct 21, 2010 at 5:28:30 am

Hi,
I have been searching around trying to find a solution to this problem and stumbled across this posting.
My problem is that no emitters or replicators are showing up at all, not even the final cut pro ones.
My prefereences had set the path file as users/shared
in this location I have a folder called Motion that has the library folder and then all the other expected folders inside this eg: behaviors, replicators, particle emittors, etc...
I always get the behaviours to show up inside the motion library area, but never the paricle emittors or replicators.

I then copied the whole motion folder to library/application/support/final cut studio
folder (so now I have two lots of the same motion folder)
I then pointed the path to the above destination, then did a restart and still no joy.
i then trashed my .plist and this took it back to the users/shared folder (which I left the original copy of Motion library folder) and still no joy.

i am completely stumped.
as per the above posts, I too get the following when I click on particle emitters or replicators in the library inside of motion:
All (0 items).

any hep would be appreciated...

regards,

ant...

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 21, 2010 at 3:17:01 pm

anthony,
I'm not a 100% sure what to do. You said you had the files in the right place. Does the folder structure look like this?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]