FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import motion spline/path from C4D or other 3D program?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik
Import motion spline/path from C4D or other 3D program?
by
on May 24, 2007 at 3:27:36 pm

Import motion spline/path from C4D or other 3D program? Somebody please do a test! Inquiring minds want to know.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Import motion spline/path from C4D or other 3D program?
on May 24, 2007 at 4:19:39 pm

You mean a C4D scene file- nope.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and Final Cut Pro!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

erik
by
on May 25, 2007 at 1:57:12 am

No, that is not what I mean. I mean a motion path to use with the new and improved 3D space in Apple Motion. What I like to do is create a spline primative in C4D then import the path to AE and either use that path for a camera fly-through or set a layer to follow the path or set Particular to follow the path or make a light follow the path or make a stroke follow the path or have Vegas go down the path or parent a layer to the path and have Shine use that layer for a travelling light show or, or, or......Can Motion import a spline path from C4D? Can anyone test this?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 25, 2007 at 6:00:32 am

Kinda doubt it as there is not compatibility of any kind between C4D and Motion. But perhaps somehow via Illustrator Paths.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and Final Cut Pro!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Erik
by
on May 25, 2007 at 2:17:26 pm

That would be knd of cool too - Illustrator paths. The whole 3D space thing(z-depth) is just really hard to control without using spline generators found in 3D programs. Ae is not the most intuitive when it comes to 3D space movement either, that's why it is sooo nice to import motion paths... it's all about z-depth and seting up the path.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]