FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keying plugin for motion 3

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zach Smith
Keying plugin for motion 3
on May 24, 2007 at 12:30:21 am

I have a project that we started to work on in motion 2 on a non intel machine. We used a plugin from DV Garage called DV Matte Pro, this plugin is not available for intel machines. The company has another plugin called DV Matte Blast for motion 2 which is universal but does not appear to work in motion 3. Does anybody know of a plugin that is comparable to this one that works in motion 3? This was the only plugin that I know of where you could have two different shades of green and it would average the two or something like that. All stock plugins and even third party plugins I have found will not key this footage correctly. HELP

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Keying plugin for motion 3
on May 24, 2007 at 3:10:16 am

I'd say key it in FCP with the DV Garage plugin or the Noise Industries one. I'm sure the one you use now will ultimately be updated for Motion 3 if feasible.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and Final Cut Pro!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

specialcase
on May 24, 2007 at 1:28:11 pm

Heya,

I'm using dvMatte Blast in Motion 3, right now. What problem did you experience when trying it in version 3?

Return to posts index

TJack4825
on May 27, 2007 at 5:06:41 pm

For me, when I choose to view the foreground in the DVMatte Blast plugin, the foreground layer completely disappears on me. I downloaded the demo as well to check and it does the same thing as my retail version does.
I am using Motion 3 and a 15' 2.33 Macbook Pro

Return to posts index

RodereckJaynes
on May 24, 2007 at 6:09:37 pm

Yes, I seem to be having the same problem. As soon as I apply the effect, the program immediately crashes...

Thanks!

Return to posts index

specialcase
on May 25, 2007 at 1:11:57 am

Are you running the Universal Binary (Intel & PPC-friendly) version?

Return to posts index

rodereckjaynes
on May 25, 2007 at 1:33:12 am

Yes,

As a matter of fact, I tried it on my macbook pro and it worked, however, my main system is PPC.

I think the UB side that works with the PPC is still the old version mashed with the upgrade.

Very sad, my workaround is that I am keying on the macbook to animation alpha movies, then dragging them back to the tower. It's a huge pain.

Can prores include an alpha channel?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]