FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Export ?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
staticthrustfilms
Motion Export ?
on May 24, 2007 at 12:10:17 am

I would like to know when exporting a motion project as a quicktime movie does it automatically fill the background with black ? I made a motion title on a transparent layer (i think) but when importing it to FCP the background is black and not transparent. Is it possible to export just the title without the black ?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Motion Export ?
on May 24, 2007 at 3:14:00 am

There's a preference to set background opacity, and it will only export with formats that contain an alpha channel such as Animation codec or a Photoshop image sequence.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and Final Cut Pro!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

staticthrustfilms
on May 24, 2007 at 3:47:04 pm

Thanks Noah, I finally figured it out. I just added a white Alpha channel to one of the layers and it works. I am having an issue with importing the Motion file into FCP with audio. For some reason the sound does not come with it. Do you have any suggestions

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 24, 2007 at 4:18:03 pm

Are you sure you're sending it from Motion- there's options to save without audio.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and Final Cut Pro!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

staticthrustfilms
on May 24, 2007 at 4:25:33 pm

I exported once to QT and the audio was there. I will check the settings once more.

Return to posts index

staticthrustfilms
on May 24, 2007 at 4:31:01 pm

I don't seem to see where i can change the save options ?

Return to posts index

Robert Hutchings
on May 25, 2007 at 5:56:30 pm

OK I realize I

Return to posts index

Robert Hutchings
on May 25, 2007 at 9:07:18 pm

OK just discovered the reason for the render time discrepancy. Coming out of the FCP and sending the clip to Motion. The motion project opens up defaulted to 8 bit in the project Properties. Command-J. Set bit depth to 16 bit and the render times out of Motion match the ProRes (HQ) render times on the FCP time line.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]