FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any FCS2+Motion3 hands on news?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Zimman
Any FCS2+Motion3 hands on news?
on May 21, 2007 at 6:34:18 pm

the FCP forum and the Color forum are a buzz about the first hands on with FCS2. Anyone try out the new Motion yet? Good, Bad, Ugly?

Return to posts index

jeff
Re: Any FCS2+Motion3 hands on news?
by
on May 22, 2007 at 3:46:44 am

I just played with it for a little while and found it spectacular. I rebuilt a 3D menu for a DVD that took about two hours in After Effects but only 20 minutes in Motion. And the render time is not even 1/5 the AE render.

The 3D is really intuitive and very interactive. It takes a bit of playing with to figure out where certain things are buried. If you drag a group of photos in, they are grouped together as a layer. You can then adjust all the postions in 3D space of each item but also just select the layer to manipulate them all just like parenting in AE. But you have to turn on 3D for the layer which is in a new tab.

There are some nice little things I stumbled on like the fact that when you have turned on record keyframes, all the settings in the Properites tabs turn red to let you know it's recording. No more accidently recording a bunch of position changes.

There is also a new archive function when you save the program where you can apparently collect all the files being used or save it the old way. This will be nice for archiving and moving to a new system.

Overall it seems pretty well done although I haven't gotten too deep into it.

Return to posts index

pennello
Re: Any FCS2+Motion3 hands on news?
on May 22, 2007 at 11:26:15 am

Fab new features. Very buggy on my system in 3D. Which is a shame.. lots of openGL (i take it) rendering errors.. in all windows when in 3d camera mode.

macpro 10.4.9 4gig XT1900

p

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]