FORUMS: list search recent posts

My Number One Motion 3 request

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
footagehead
My Number One Motion 3 request
on May 3, 2007 at 2:02:03 pm

This is a so near yet so far problem I currently have with Motion 2.12.
It makes it very tough for me to convince broadcast professionals to use Motion in their workflows. Motion 2.12 will import all layers of a Photoshop file as separate objects
and place them under a layer like 'import as composition with cropped PSD layers' in After Effects. Great. Broadcast graphics creators make layered photoshop files
with alpha masked pack shots for repeated ad content all the time.
You can animate away at real time speed in Motion and get those packs/products/CDs/DVDs onscreen and looking good.
But what you can't do is replace the content of one of those objects with another without dragging it from the file browser. The only workaround is to make individual
photoshop files of each PSD layer, and drag them over your Motion layer or object. Its only a partial workaround as when replacing content the photoshop layer will replace without its cropping boundary throwing off your animation.
Nasty. Especially when its so easy in After Effects. Each photoshop layer is displayed in a folder ready to replace by simply dragging over the selected timeline layer while holding ALT or option.
If anyone can explain a way around this issue that would be great.
If its fixed in Motion 3 that would be even better.

Best Regards

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
Re: My Number One Motion 3 request
on May 3, 2007 at 2:27:35 pm

Have you tried using "Replace Media" works for me with photoshop files.

Peter

Return to posts index

footagehead
on May 3, 2007 at 3:00:35 pm

Hi Peter
please explain how you would use the replace media button from the media inpector tab to
replace the content of one layer of a layered photoshop file as I outlined in my previous post.

Best Regards
Footagehead

Return to posts index

footagehead
on May 6, 2007 at 12:27:03 pm

The crux of this issue seems to me to be that Motion currently only allows multiple layers of a photoshop file to be manipulated as Motion objects from within a Motion layer. You can see the individual Photoshop layers in the inspector pane from the media tab in the project pane but thats it. You can drag an instance of a photoshop layer object to the file browser, but you can't use this object to exchange or replace with any other object or layer in your project.
Which I find really weird because its very easy to do in Final Cut Pro 5.14 and in Shake 4.1.
If anyone can help with this issue please post.

Best Regards
Footagehead

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]