FORUMS: list search recent posts

paging Walter Biscardi...travel mattes

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim Rowley
paging Walter Biscardi...travel mattes
on Apr 26, 2007 at 8:58:50 am

I'm once again using a tip from your Part 3 travel matte tutorial for FCP (countach car matte...) It's working perfectly. Just got the idea to try to "caffeinate" the effect and make that matte jitter, jump and blur (as per a Ripple tutorial dealing with text.)So I imported the Photoshop file to Motion2. Got the look I want in Motion, but am having a problem finding the proper blend mode. The choices differ from those in FCP. My matte is created in Photoshop in white on a transparent BG. If I bring it into FCP and apply an Alpha matte I get the desired effect (minus animation). But in Motion, I'm getting the opposite effect - i.e. I see the white brush strokes and the underlying video outside those strokes. I'm not finding the right combination to key through the white brush strokes. Where am I messing up? Sounds more complicated in writing than in actuality. Hope I've been clear enough. Thanks for your help!

Dual 2.7 GHz G5, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9650, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP 5.1.2, OS X10.4.8

Return to posts index

specialcase
Re: paging Walter Biscardi...travel mattes
on Apr 26, 2007 at 3:51:56 pm

Heya,

It sounds like you need to use an Image Mask. There's an older post here: http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/170/858277?

Good luck!

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
Re: paging Walter Biscardi...travel mattes
on Apr 28, 2007 at 1:25:26 pm

Thanks specialcase! You're a wizard. That solved it.
Have a good weekend.

Dual 2.7 GHz G5, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9650, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP 5.1.2, OS X10.4.8

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]