FORUMS: list search recent posts

Graphic with transparent background

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karl Arndt
Graphic with transparent background
on Apr 25, 2007 at 10:28:16 pm

Dear team cows, here's one I am hoping someone can help me with. I made a graphic in Illustrator, a view finder with focus points, as though one were looking thru the view finder of a 35 mm camera. A circle with some little focus squares. The graphic image was taken into Photoshop and put on a tranparent backgroung and converted into a Tiff. I want to bring this file into Motion and add it to a slide show of still images. Moving the view finder graphic over the still images When I do, it no longer is on a transparent background. Any ideas as to preserving the transparancy?
Sincerely, Karl

Return to posts index

Arniepix
Re: Graphic with transparent background
on Apr 27, 2007 at 7:31:19 pm

If you want your graphic as a tiff, you need to add an alpha channel to it in Photoshop before you save it.

Arnie

Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com/blog

Return to posts index

Karl Arndt
on Apr 27, 2007 at 9:20:41 pm

Thank you Arnie! Really what I wanted to do was create my graphic image in Illustrator with a transparent background. I couldn't figure out how to create the image (line drawing) with a transparent background. Only the defaul white art board. I wanted the vector based file of Illustrator, not really the Photoshop Tiff. I only used Photoshop to get the transparancy. Could you tell me how one gets a transparant background in Illustrator? Very much appreciate your time.
Sincerely, Karl

Return to posts index

Arniepix
on Apr 27, 2007 at 9:34:28 pm

Sorry, I don't do Illustrator.

Arnie

Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com/blog

Return to posts index

Karl Arndt