Sound like a one way trip to me, unless you are planing on going back to motion.
A few questions
- How are you bringing the Motion asset into FCP, are you exporting or just bringing in the motion project file?
- Do your Motion Project settings match your FCP timeline settings?
- have you completely rendered in FCP?
Here's what I'm doing:
1. The sequences in both programs match [DV PAL]
2. Create text in Motion 3.
4. Drag icon and place it onto FCP 5.1.2 timeline
5. I then notice that the text looks low-res and pixellated, even after rendering.
6. Fold arms in frustration!
7. Try changing the text by roundtripping back to Motion using the 'open in editor' function.
Any ideas? What am I doing wrong?
Why does my text look bad?
You don't say how you're monitoring your video. Yous hould have a PAL monitor hooked up to your system to check this kind of thing. If you don't, then it's possible that there's nothing wrong with your video, and you're just seeing the inherently low quality picture that FCP uses internally.
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman