FORUMS: list search recent posts

making unique particles

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
oellen
making unique particles
on Apr 23, 2007 at 4:10:43 pm

I'm having trouble making my particles unique from one another. I have a motion sequence of a goose flying. It is pieced together frame by frame from photoshop and the wings are in about 24 different positions over 40 frames . When I tell Motion to make particles, all the emitted geese are flapping their wings in the exact same motion. I thought that particles should come out slightly different from one another. What am I doing wrong. I tried making a .mov out of the sequence and doing particles that way, but the file was so huge that motion on my computer couldn't really handle it. I'm using Motion 2 and a MacBook Pro. Thanks for the help.
Ellen

Return to posts index

John Czerwinski
Re: making unique particles
on Apr 23, 2007 at 5:18:57 pm

In the Inspector - Replicator tab. There is a check box called, Random Start Frame. Check if it is checked. Page 606 & 671 of the Motion User Manual.

Good Luck,

John

Return to posts index

oellen
on Apr 23, 2007 at 5:28:00 pm

HI JOHN,

Thanks for your repsonse. Actually, I'm trying to make particles not replicating. In inspector under emitter tab I don't see any box for random start
Ellen

Return to posts index

John Czerwinski
on Apr 23, 2007 at 8:18:44 pm

There should be a "random start frame" under the emitter as well. Four button from the bottom, just above, "show particles as" pull down. Which version are you running? I'm using 2.12

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]