FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion vs AE -color handling

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Turbo Multimedia
Motion vs AE -color handling
on Apr 19, 2007 at 10:54:13 am

Hello I have a question about how motion handles color. I am a student and my teacher says that the way motion handles color is not as good as AE, and that this is done to get better realtime performance. In other words the clip you have sent to motion will be slightly different when you get it back. Can anyone confirm that this is right or wrong and if it`s right is this something that is changed in Motion 3?

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: Motion vs AE -color handling
on Apr 20, 2007 at 1:45:32 am

Can you br more specific?

BOth programs (AE and Motion that is) work/render in RGB and FCP works in YUV (unless you tell it differently). The color will get shifted around a bit coming to and from both programs and FCP.

Return to posts index

Turbo Multimedia
on Apr 20, 2007 at 10:35:21 am

I have done some testing my self. This is what I did: I set the sequence to render in rgb to be sure this wasn`t the problem, then I imported some footage into fcp, the sequence was DV PAL then made a copy of the clip then I sent one to motion, did nothing to it and saved it. When I look at it in fcp in color correction mode the video scopes tell me that it has changed, is it supposed to be like this I can also see a little chage in the color when I look at it. This clip was not broadcast safe before i sent it to motion, but when I got it back it was broadcast safe, I think this weird. I tried to send the same clip to AE, but when I got it back, it looks like a frame are missing or something, so it was difficult to compare, when I didn`t find the same frame.

Return to posts index

Colin McQ
on Apr 25, 2007 at 1:35:57 am

About a year or so ago I had a few huge colour/motion blur issues with Motion and round tripping. Since then... I always export a .mov from motion and import the .mov back into FCP.

This is what happened a couple times before I switched to import/export method
select clips in FCP timeline, R-Click => send to motion. Motion opens,, I manipulate the clips, save, then alt-tab back to FCP. Now back in FCP the original clips are replaced by the motion project and the colour is aweful and movement is very jittery. I was using was soccer footage. Perhaps all the green was too much for it?!?

Colin McQuillan
Vancouver BC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]