First attempt at using XML with a Motion file and it did not work. Any hints would be helpful. What I tried was: created a template in Motion with four lines of text in different layers along with a motion background. Created multiple versions for my FCP sequence. Opened the Motion files with TextWrangler to change text info for the four layers. Saved the file. I had closed out of FCP and when I tried to open the sequence the program kept crashing. I could open FCP only after resaving the Motion files from the original template. Should this not work or am I missing a step. I am using FCP 5.0.4, Motion 2.0.1, OSX 10.4.4 and Quicktime 7.1.2 and TextWrangler 2.2.1. Any insight would be great. Thanks.
This sequence that contains the Motion files is a commercial donut where I need to change the information on 10 Motion files. Each file has four lines of text. I created a template with text in place in each of the four lines. Each file is named "file01" file02" and so forth. Created my donut sequence in FCP with the ten Motion files. All was fine. Quit FCP. Opened the 10 files in TextWrangler, used the search function within TW and searched for which jumped to the correct line. Highlighted the old text and typed in the new text. Did that for all 10 files and four lines each file. Saved and quit TW. When I tried to start FCP the splash screen came up for 5 or 10 seconds and then the dialog box came up that FCP crashed and did I want to send a report and the other options. Only until I replaced the TW edited files with new files from the template could I open up FCP. Thanks.