FORUMS: list search recent posts

what's up with dvGarage? was Re: Using green screen wih motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mortimer heathcliff
what's up with dvGarage? was Re: Using green screen wih motion
on Apr 5, 2007 at 9:03:29 pm

i was researching green screen info for Motion and ran across this thread, but see that it is over a year old and the link to dvGarage doesn't work, nor can i find dvMatte Blast on the toolfarm.com page (which is the only place i could find "dvGarage"). any other options for green screen work in Motion 2? my footage is HDV, 720 24p. any other good plug-in alternatives for Motion or FCP to enhance or replace the green screen that they do?

Return to posts index

specialcase
Re: what's up with dvGarage? was Re: Using green screen wih motion
on Apr 6, 2007 at 5:31:18 pm

Did you try typing "dvgarage" into Google? It's the first result.

Return to posts index

mschirad
on Apr 9, 2007 at 6:21:08 pm

dvGarage.com is selling dvMatte Blast, and Conduit, their node-based conpositor in which you can build your own keyer. I'll be showing both on Monday and Tuesday midday-ish of NAB 07 at the Apple Booth for FXPlug.

dvMatte Blast is super-fast, but there is a limit to how well you can key the tough stuff, mainly DV video with long blond hair in front of a greenscreen. It's way better than Primatte RT, which is best used on uncompressed footage.

I think there are demo versions you can download to test.

Mathew Schirado
http://www.wmaeug.net

Return to posts index

The Lobby
on Apr 27, 2007 at 4:59:49 pm

+1 for Conduit. It is an amazing product that gives node based compositing in Motion and now with it's latest update right inside FCP. No switching apps, just apply the effect as normal and hit the "View Conduit Editor" (kind of like the "Visual" tab on the CC). It's not as robust as Shake but for 150 bucks it can't be beat.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]