FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion closes itself after programe starts

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dfg1983
Motion closes itself after programe starts
on Apr 4, 2007 at 4:12:56 pm

Hi, I have motion 2. Every time I open the program before I can do anything it closes itself. I have tried different tactics to fix this, from downloading the latest patches off of apple.com to re-installing the motion 2, twice, yet the problem still persists. The only thing I have yet to try, that I am toled worked for some one els, is to re-install OSX (I am using Tiger), but I really don't want to have to do that. I have had this problem with Motion 2 since I got it, I in fact have never bee able to get the program to start and stay open long enough to use it. Ideas anyone?

Return to posts index

specialcase
Re: Motion closes itself after programe starts
on Apr 4, 2007 at 6:56:34 pm

Heya,

Try opening the Console (found in /Applications/Utilities/) and see what goes by when you try to launch Motion. It sounds like there's a damaged/missing/incorrect framework, which would cause the launch failure you're seeing. Also, are you on Intel or PPC?

Return to posts index

dfg1983
on Apr 5, 2007 at 12:39:10 am

Here is what "Console" says:

===== Wednesday, April 4, 2007 8:32:29 PM US/Eastern =====
Apr 4 20:32:42 Dustin-Computer /Applications/Video Editing/Motion.app/Contents/MacOS/Motion: CGSResolveShmemReference : offset exceeds bounds
Apr 4 20:32:44 Dustin-Computer crashdump[1728]: Motion crashed
Apr 4 20:32:45 Dustin-Computer crashdump[1728]: crash report written to: /Users/Dustin/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Motion.crash.log
Apr 4 20:32:45 Dustin-Computer /System/Library/CoreServices/UserNotificationCenter.app/Contents/MacOS/UserNotificationCenter: CGSResolveShmemReference : offset exceeds bounds
Apr 4 20:32:53 Dustin-Computer /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder: CGSResolveShmemReference : offset exceeds bounds

As far as Intel or Power PC, I am using a brand new Intel Based MacBook Pro. I had thought that could be one of the reasons, seeing as the newest version of motion, as far as I know, was made during the PowerPC generation of Macs; and if in fact that is the case/cause then I guess their is nothing I can do about it, then to wait for a new version.

Return to posts index

specialcase
on Apr 5, 2007 at 5:12:39 am

Heya,

Are you running Motion 2.1, the Universal Binary version that runs on Intel? Version 2.0.x or earlier will only run on PowerPC.

Return to posts index

dfg1983
on Apr 5, 2007 at 5:19:30 am

Its just 2.0. I thats got to be what it is.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]