FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple Motion Problems....Is it my computer or Can I just render?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gattoka
Apple Motion Problems....Is it my computer or Can I just render?
on Apr 3, 2007 at 2:53:50 pm

Hello,
I have been in video production for a long time, however i am somewhat new to Apple Motion. I currently am running the latest version of Motion on my Intel Macbook Pro 2.16GHz with 1 GB of Ram, 120 GB hard-drive, ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics with 128MB SDRAM.

I don't seem to be doing anything that would be considered out of the ordinary for motion to do... Yet during playback is is extremely slow and studery.

So my question is, does the problem lie within my computer, and HOW CAN I JUST RENDER my project to give me a smooth playback. I'd rather wait for my footage to render than watch this "realtime" preview.

Thanks in advance!
MC

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
Re: Apple Motion Problems....Is it my computer or Can I just render?
on Apr 3, 2007 at 9:46:50 pm

Apple R?

Peter

Return to posts index

grafxflow
Re: Apple Motion Problems....Is it my computer or Can I just render?
on Apr 4, 2007 at 9:57:29 am

Hi,

Motion always plays the timeline jumpy at first, but on looping should play smoother.

grafxflow

grafx that flow!

Return to posts index

gattoka
Re: Apple Motion Problems.... Can I just render? apple R is only letting me preview 150 frames
on Apr 5, 2007 at 11:25:03 pm

yeah i've tried the apple R but it just gives me a ram preview of about 150 frames, and i would like to render and view the who project. Is there another way to render or am i able to change th ram preview to preview more frames?

Thanks agian!
MC

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
Re: Apple Motion Problems.... Can I just render? apple R is only letting me preview 150 frames
on Apr 6, 2007 at 1:03:38 am

There are a variety of ways to do this:

AppleJ will give you project properties, enter the length you want

or tap in the length in the bottom right hand corner of the canvas and then drag out that little triangle on the mini timeline.

Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]