FORUMS: list search recent posts

missing bezier points

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
HMVideo
missing bezier points
on Mar 21, 2007 at 9:41:41 pm

I drew a path. Now I can't see or edit the bezier points. I right click and choose 'edit points' ... nothing. Trashed prefs ... same thing. Drew a rectangle as a test ... same thing. Can anyone tell me how to get the bezier points on a shape path to reappear?

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Tony!
Re: missing bezier points
on Mar 26, 2007 at 9:58:33 pm

Are you sure you are not selecting the B-Spine tool? It's a wonderful tool for drawing a path quickly, but it does not give you bezier handles (not necessarily a bad thing). If you click and hold on the path tool you'll see that there are two to choose from. One for Bezier and one for B-spline. A pop-up message will display in a couple seconds if you hover over the tool, letting you know which one is which.

Tony!

Return to posts index

HMVideo
Re: missing bezier points. CAN ANYBODY HELP?
on Mar 31, 2007 at 9:38:59 pm

Thanks Tony. I'm familiar with B-splines, but that's not the case here. I simply can't get bezier points to appear.

I open MOT, click on the Bezier tool, draw a path, and I can edit the points. If I go back to the arrow tool the path gets stroked. Then if I want to edit the points, typically I'd right click the path and select 'edit points.' The tool switches to the 'adjust control points tool', but no point appear. If I uncheck 'outline' in the inspector for the shape, the path disappears completely. Also, I can't uncheck 'edit points' if I right click the path again. It just stays checked no matter how many times I try to uncheck it.

Annoying, and I can't finish this particular bit not..

Return to posts index

HMVideo
Re: missing bezier points. Doh! It was easy
on May 15, 2007 at 7:35:10 pm

OK, the answer is ... be sure 'show overlays' in the canvas' view menu is checked. Doh!

All is now well ...

Return to posts index

rick dervisevic
Re: missing bezier points. Doh! It was easy
on Nov 14, 2008 at 12:11:51 am

thanks for the answer, I had the same problem... doh(squared)2!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]