FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Speed?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wayne Carey
Video Speed?
on Mar 1, 2007 at 3:36:30 pm

Yeah, I know... I know FCP like the back of my hand BUT Motion is another story...

Here's my issue. I have a clip in my timeline that has slow motion applied to it. FCP does an OK job of this but the flicker on this clip is a little too much for me. I know Motion has the same motion compensator that Shake has and I have been told that slo-mo in Motion is beautiful.

Here's my question. How in the heck do you slow down a video clip in Motion? There is no speed tab or speed adjustments in the Behaviors or Filters. I'm sure that I am missing something somewhere that will make me slap my forehead when someone points me in the right direction... I'm having a serious brain fart here!

Please keep in mind that I am not a seasoned Motion user.

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions
http://www.schazamproductions.com

Return to posts index

specialcase
Re: Video Speed?
on Mar 1, 2007 at 4:29:07 pm

Hey Wayne,

You may have been misinformed. Motion does not have any explicit retiming capabilities. The closest thing it has is the 'Scrub' filter, but that uses frame-blending, not optical flow-based interpolation. Compressor (in the latest version of the Studio) now uses optical flow analysis for format conversion, so you could change the framerate there. Otherwise, your choice is to process the footage in Shake.

Return to posts index

Wayne Carey
on Mar 1, 2007 at 5:47:08 pm

Thanks for your response...

Would you be able to describe the process of how to do this in Shake? If not, do you know of a resource that I could use to learn the basics of Shake.

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions
http://www.schazamproductions.com

Return to posts index

specialcase
on Mar 1, 2007 at 6:49:41 pm

I'd take a look in the user manual and the tutorials that come with Shake. Beyond that, there are a couple of third-party books out there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]