FORUMS: list search recent posts

greenscreen in motion?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Estabrook
greenscreen in motion?
on Jan 25, 2007 at 10:05:39 pm

Is Shake really necessary or can Motion2 achieve acceptable greenscreen compositing with DV footage from a DVX100B?

Return to posts index

Arniepix
Re: greenscreen in motion?
on Jan 26, 2007 at 2:24:51 am

How well did you shoot the keys? If they're well shot, you should be able to pull a good key in either Motion or Shake, if they're poorly shot, you may not be able to easily pull a key in either.

I've been using Conduit from DV Garage in both Motion & FCP, it works very well in both programs with properly shot keys. For problematic shots, I've been Color correcting for the key in FCP, then exporting 2 tiff sequences, 1 with the CC & one without. The corrected key usually keys out very quickly, then you use that as a track matte for the uncorrected shot.

Arnie

Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com/blog

Return to posts index

Fred Estabrook
on Jan 26, 2007 at 7:08:12 pm

Great information! Thanks for the suggestions. I purchased Shake (because it's so inexpensive now - Apple won't be selling or supporting it much longer) and I already have Motion2. I understand that proper green surface (we bought a 6x9' fabric greenscreen), setup and lighting are absolutely essential for success (we haven't shot the 5-min. clip yet)... the one thing I'm still debating is the plugin (I guess there are 2-3 good ones to choose from). Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Arniepix
on Jan 28, 2007 at 6:07:46 am

The same method of using a CC'd clip to pull the key & an uncorrected clip use for the foreground will work with Shake. I learned about it from a compositor who uses Illusion. I've found that it makes a huge difference. Some shots that were hell become very quick & easy to pull a key from.

Arnie

Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com/blog

Return to posts index

Malcolm Thorpe
on Feb 2, 2007 at 6:11:49 pm

We just bought "dvMatte Blast" from dv Garage. A great plug in and almost drag and drop simple.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]