FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing filters in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wildrover
Missing filters in Motion
on Jan 15, 2007 at 11:03:02 am

Hi. I've just installed Motion on my new mac. I've worked with motion earlier, at another workplace. Now when i start motion, and look at the filters, it's like there's missing alot ? I only have a few filters, and need some of the ones i'm used to. Anybody know how to solve this ? Do i have to set it up to showing the full potential, or install an extra packace/update ?

thanx in advance

- Paul

Return to posts index

Gabriele de Simone
Re: Missing filters in Motion
on Jan 19, 2007 at 3:58:13 pm

Though I can't offer a solution, your problem can only have two causes:
- your other workplace had a lot of third-party effects installed
- your installation is screwed up :-) What system are you on (esp. Intel vs PowerPC) and what version of Motion are you using?

In general, 3rd Party Plug-in that use the older AE SDK support should not be used on Intel Macs at all. Some companies have found ways to make them work on Intel, but it's a somewhat nasty hack. Things are a bit better on the PowerPC side. The path to these AE plug-ins is specified via one of Motion's preferences (the last option in the first preference tab).

Newer plug-ins that use the FxPlug SDK (Apple-brewed), will not show up under the "3rd Party Effects" category. They will show up in the regular categories along with the built-in filters, which can be confusing at first. You can check for all FxPlug plug-ins installed on your system by looking into these directories:

/Library/Plug-ins/FxPlug

and

/Library/Plug-ins/FxPlug

Return to posts index

wildrover
Re: Missing filters in Motion
on Jan 19, 2007 at 5:41:35 pm

I dont have any 3rd party filters installed. But with a clean install of motion i only have 39 filters. I'm missing gaussian blur, gloom, dazzle just to name a few.
I have a brand new mac pro, with motion 2.1.2 installed...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]