FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I Scale Particle Emiters so that their emmisions look consistant as they scale?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mattness
How do I Scale Particle Emiters so that their emmisions look consistant as they scale?
on Dec 19, 2006 at 5:38:55 pm

I have a project where I have animated a steamboat moving through 3d space starting small on the horizon, then filling the frame in AE. I was wanting to take a render with an alpha into Motion, and animate particle emmiters for smoke to follow its smoke stacks. The problem is, because Motion has no 3d capability, I have to scale the emmiter over time to match the perspective of the boat's motion. When I do this, some of the relevent properties of the particles scale with the emmiter, but others don't so the smoke changes density and look. I could render out the smoke shape as a flat layer and bring it into AE to parent to the boat, but that will make the smoke look flat and parented to the boat. I was really hoping to be able to get the look of the smoke particles trailing off and dissapating into the distance. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Matt

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
Re: How do I Scale Particle Emiters so that their emmisions look consistant as they scale?
on Dec 19, 2006 at 9:46:45 pm

Try putting a Ramp behavior on the scale parameter in the emitter. Right-click on the SCALE name in the Inspector, choose RAMP and then adjust the settings in the Behaviors tab.

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]