FORUMS: list search recent posts

Volumetrix plugin for FCP & Motion released

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Wiggins
Volumetrix plugin for FCP & Motion released
on Nov 27, 2006 at 2:50:32 pm

All,

Well, you might know that I've been busy working away on my templates site, but today I'm proud to announce this:-

http://www.volumetrix.tv

What is it? Well, its a very quick way to get a volumetric light spill through and across text or any image that has an alpha channel. Imagine somebody shining a torch through cut out letters in a smokey dark room. There is a 15 day free trial of the plugin, so you've got plenty of time to try the thing out on a job and maybe even charge a client for it. Want to know more? there is a demo movie & instructions on the site as well.

Take it for a spin & have fun!

Peter Wiggins

Free Motion Templates

peterwiggins.com

Return to posts index

lightning ad
Re: Volumetrix plugin for FCP & Motion released
on Nov 27, 2006 at 10:33:51 pm

it looks fantastic, Peter. Well done.

I can already see how its gonna help with a project i'm planning. I'll certainly be buying it.

adam

Editor/Mixer
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on Nov 27, 2006 at 10:38:56 pm

Adam,

Many thanks, took a bit of work but I'm really chuffed with the result.

Will I see it on UK TV soon?

Peter

Free Motion Templates

peterwiggins.com

Return to posts index

lightning ad
on Dec 11, 2006 at 9:07:01 am

who knows!!!

the idea is something i'm planning for one of our products, which we have no ad budget for. If i can make a decent job of the demo, it might be used on some web advertising...but unfortunately, its still just an idea i'm trying to find the time to develop.

One thing i have been meaning to suggest should you decide to enhance the plug...the ability to keyframe the centre point of the effect (as well as the wipe from side to side/top to bottom) so you could track a light source as it moves about the shot.

adam

Editor/Mixer
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

Return to posts index

lightning ad
on Jan 1, 2007 at 6:21:22 pm

hey Peter,
just thought you might like to see your plug-in being used. Its not on a tv project though. I have used it to bring a little life to the headline banner on our company website... but don't blink, its quite fast.

http://www.character-online.com/

happy new year

regards
Adam

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on Jan 1, 2007 at 6:30:44 pm

Adam,

Very cool, its alway nice to see something you've worked hard on being used by other people.
The Volumetrix banner was made in Motion, then imported into Flash and then Dreamweaver,
much like yourself no doubt!

Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]