FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion output looks distorted

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zeno_G
Motion output looks distorted
on Nov 25, 2006 at 5:06:37 pm

I have created a simple motion animation. An imported Photoshop file that simply moves from left to right. When outputed it looks distorted. The pictures in the animation that run really slow look best, the pictures that move fast seem to have a sort of echo trail and do not run smooth at all.
This occurs not only whem imported in FCP but also when viewed in Quicktime.

I think i have tried everything. From changing frame rate, fields, output codecs, upper/lower field, adding video cleanup filters in FCP etc. Nothing seem to work. Can anybody please help me out here?

Return to posts index

JIm Kanter
Re: Motion output looks distorted
on Nov 26, 2006 at 11:44:42 pm

Try adding motion blur. Fast moving pixels with sharp edges tend to "stobe."

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

Zeno_G
on Nov 27, 2006 at 9:48:21 am

Thanks, a After Effects guy told me this could be a blur thing. i've tried that but nothing happened. Maybe i did not do it correct. Should i do this per track? And where do i find the right setting?

Return to posts index

Lance Drake
on Dec 7, 2006 at 11:04:53 pm

Hi - I'm noticing the same undesired effect to my moving graphics. Motion Blur is not a fix- it just obscures the graphic into bluriness - the problem comes from the fact that the graphic is rendered at 30 fps - and, when you output - intermediate 'fields' are created using two frames - each of which is in a different place - so you get a double-vision look as the FRAMES are played out with the combination of FIELDS which only approximate what would be captured in a 60-field video camera - AND you cannot enjoy the motion blur you would get with film - so it looks terrible!

If you come up with an answer - please let me know.

One thing I have tried is to increase the FRAME RATE of the graphic to be 59.94 or 60 - depending on output format 29.97 or 30 fps - and seen some improvement. It also takes up twice as much space... but that's not really an issue - whereas the crummy visual jerkiness IS.

If you select the item in the MEDIA tab, then goto the INSPECTOR and select the MEDIA tab - you will see the FRAME RATE popup. Try changing that and see if you don't see an improvement.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]