FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to register Motion & get Insect Eye filter

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pseudojag
How to register Motion & get Insect Eye filter
on Nov 12, 2006 at 8:32:53 pm

Howdy Cowpokes,

Having purchased FCP Studio, I registered FCP via my serial number (which marked Final Cut Studio).

After following a tutorial on MotionSmarts.com I read, " the Insect Eye filter, which is a Motion 2 registration incentive download" and tried to register Motion based on the FCP Studio serial number that I have. But it didn't work. Any ideas?

Am I entitled to this plugin with my purchase of FCP Studio?

Thanks,

-Phil

Return to posts index

specialcase
Re: How to register Motion & get Insect Eye filter
on Nov 13, 2006 at 5:33:18 am

Heya,

You can download them from here: http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/motion/download/

Good luck!

Return to posts index

Pseudojag
on Nov 13, 2006 at 3:09:45 pm

Thanks for your reply.

But I am pretty sure that via Software Update I have updated to v 2.0.1 and yet these filters were not included in the Software Update install.

Should I then simply download the updater from the Apple site in order to obtain the three plugins? Would there be any harm in downloading the updater which my machine is already running?

Is this common that updates via Software Update in OS X do not include certain incentives like plugins? Is this an issue with registration that Software Update cannot integrate?

Thanks,

-Phil

Return to posts index

specialcase
on Nov 13, 2006 at 4:16:46 pm

Heya,

These filters are not included with the 2.0.1 update, which was just a bug-fix release. The filters are a "registration incentive", i.e. they are a reward for paying customers. If you enter your name and serial number on the page I linked, you will be able to download the filters from Apple.

Return to posts index

StuS57
on Nov 14, 2006 at 8:56:02 pm

What's really annoying is that if you own 2.1, you don't get the filters! Kept putting in my FC Studio S/n, couln't figure it out. Applecare told me the filters are only for 2.0 users, kind of ridiculous.

G5 Quad Core, 4.5 MB RAM, Dual Dell 1905FP's, KRK RP-5's, DSR-11, FC Studio 5.1.2 OSX 10.4.8

Return to posts index

specialcase
on Nov 14, 2006 at 10:28:44 pm

Heya,

All is not lost. I thought you were looking for the version 2.0 (PowerPC-only) filters. The version 2.1 (Universal Binary) filters can still be downloaded, Apple just hid them in the general Final Cut Studio downloads page. With absolutely NO hints that they are there :(

If you go here: http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/download/ and fill out the form (and enter your serial), you will see a link on the bottom-right, labeled "Motion 2.1 Registration Incentive". That should do the trick.

It's so hidden that even AppleCare doesn't know about it, I guess.

Return to posts index

StuS57
on Nov 15, 2006 at 4:08:09 am

Got 'em. Thanks much. Yup, Applecare didn't know they were there, guess they should check The Cow more often :)

G5 Quad Core, 4.5 MB RAM, Dual Dell 1905FP's, KRK RP-5's, DSR-11, FC Studio 5.1.2 OSX 10.4.8

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]