FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to achieve....tumbling icons

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lightning ad
how to achieve....tumbling icons
on Oct 30, 2006 at 9:09:43 pm

I'm having trouble trying to create a tumbling icon effect. I have done a small version over a few seconds, but i need the finished result to last for several minutes, and not run to hundreds of layers.

essentially I have an icon of a man which rotates around its centre, and falls from above the screen to below it. This is then repeated so the icons cascade downward with four or five icons visible at any one time.

Any suggestions how to achieve this effect?

Editor/Mixer
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
Re: how to achieve....tumbling icons
on Oct 30, 2006 at 11:12:08 pm

Have you tried making your man into an emitter?

Peter

Free Motion Templates

peterwiggins.com

Return to posts index

lightning ad
on Oct 31, 2006 at 8:58:55 am

yes, but i haven't been able to figure out how to create the particles at a constant pace and in a straight line.

They all seem to float around aimlessly - i want mine to start at a definite point, travel a defined distance along a straight path at a constant speed.

As i mentioned, i have managed this with a single icon, which i then duplicated and offset the start frame/ This works fine for short periods but for several minutes would take hours to set up.

Adam

Editor/Mixer
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
on Nov 2, 2006 at 4:10:37 am

I'd go back to the particles and maybe add the gravity simulation to it. Try this site out, as they've got great demos, and they often get me going in the right direction: http://www.motionsmarts.com/

"If God could do the tricks we can do, He'd be a happy Man." - Peter O'Toole - "The Stuntman"

Machine Model: Power Mac G5
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (3.0)
Number Of CPUs: 2
CPU Speed: 2.5 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 4.5 GB
Final Cut Studio (Not Universal, yet)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]