FORUMS: list search recent posts

motion acceptance

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jbooth
motion acceptance
on Oct 21, 2006 at 11:44:58 pm

How widely accepted and used is Motion in broadcast production circles?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: motion acceptance
on Oct 23, 2006 at 3:12:06 am

Depends on which circles you have in mind. Motion is not nearly as common as say AFX or Shake. But that only matters if you're in a large agency. As a freelancer most client care how good your shots look not what software you use.

-Noah

Return to posts index

jbooth
on Oct 23, 2006 at 11:51:21 pm

Right, but do you think larger production houses use AFX and Shake because they get better results than possible with Motion or LiveType, or because the range of creative freedom is greater with those programs? In my experience producing advertising for television, simpler is often better when it comes to graphics and titles. Is a program like Motion or Livetype inferior for creating work for broadcast?

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
on Oct 27, 2006 at 5:52:29 pm

The tool is not as important as the results. After Effects and Shake have been around a lot longer than Motion and can be less hardware-intensive to operate.

Bottom line is to use the available tools that will allow you to produce the work efficiently.

One of the things that is so terrfic about Motion is the realtime design capabilities. Clients love beng able to watch changes while the video is still playing back.

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

macedit
on Oct 27, 2006 at 11:22:39 am

Motion is a very powerful tool. I used it yesterday to create some graphics for a national automotive commercial. I normally create graphics on an Avid DS or in flame.
For the look the creative director wanted I was able to achieve this the best in Motion. Sometimes it's important for clients to be working on what is perceived as the
Highest-end tool with a name they know but don't necessarily understand. I try to use the tool that best achieves what I need to accomplish. Yesterday it was Motion.

Return to posts index

CUBuffskier
on Nov 9, 2006 at 9:35:20 pm

I use motion everday for national ringtone spots I make. For 2-D animation there is nothing faster.

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
on Nov 9, 2006 at 9:42:12 pm

It's well accepted in many circles.

Motion graphics designers will try to get all the tools that will allow them to do the work quickly and efficiently. For allowing the client to provide input during the design phase, there's nothing like Motion.

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]