FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frustration w/ trying to reorde layers

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pseudojag
Frustration w/ trying to reorde layers
on Oct 20, 2006 at 3:07:40 am

Howdy Cowpokes,

(In the timeline and / or layers palette) When I try to reorder the top layer so that it becomes the bottom layer, I always end up placing that layer inside of the layer underneath.

So if I have layers (from top to bottom) A, B & C, and I want A to be underneath B, I cannot seem to reorder them without placing layer A inside layer B or C.

I end up dragging the other layers to the top in a lousy (and ineffective with more layers) work-around. This seems like it should be a simple operation.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

gineric1
Re: Frustration w/ trying to reorde layers
on Oct 20, 2006 at 3:41:04 pm

You have to click and drag with the preview icon not the name. When you click and drag with the name column it pulls it into the layer.

Return to posts index

specialcase
on Oct 21, 2006 at 11:50:22 pm

Heya,

The drag-and-drop can be a bit awkward (same as in iPhoto, et al), so I usually use the hotkeys or gestures to move layers up and down. It's usually faster and definitely less error-prone.

Return to posts index

Martin Baker
on Oct 28, 2006 at 8:07:46 am

Yes I've been here too and the thing that always confuses me is that if you drag layer A between B & C then the green plus gets shown on the mouse cursor but when you release the mouse it just moves the layer rather than copying it. The KB shortcuts are definitely an easier way to reordermuch easier. It's a bit weird that "Bring Forward" never works on the second layer though and you have to use "Bring to Front" instead.

Martin
Digital Heaven, London UK

Unique plug-ins and tools for Apple Pro Apps
NEW! DH_RetroTV and DH_Dream plug-ins for FCP
NEW! Hot Tips video podcast for FCP

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]