FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing Video Clips Within Motion?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Jones
Editing Video Clips Within Motion?
on Oct 17, 2006 at 10:18:21 pm

Is there a way to edit a video clip in Motion or do I need to pretty much do that in FCP like I'm doing now?
Let's say I have captured a 2 minute video clip into FCP. Is there a way within Motion to edit that video clip so that I only use the 7 seconds I need?
It's sort of hit or miss if I have to edit the clip in FCP and naturally I would like an easier way.
Thanks for your help!

Kevin Jones
2.5GHz Quad-core PowerPC G5
4GB DDR533 NON ECC 4X1GB
2X500GB Serial ATA-7200rpm
16x SD DL(DVD-R/CD-RW)
NVIDIA GF 6600 256 SDRAM
Final Cut Studio

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Editing Video Clips Within Motion?
on Oct 17, 2006 at 11:29:02 pm

You can always adjust a single clip's in or out but if you're talking about slicing up a sequence of clips- that's what FCP is for.

Noah

Return to posts index

Welder
on Oct 19, 2006 at 4:24:21 am

Funny, I was just about to post a similar question:

Is there a way to set an "in point" for a clip you're about to drag into a layer?

I know that in and out points are set if you send clip from an FCP sequence to Motion, but what about a project that begins in Motion? Suppose one of the clips in my file browser is 8 minutes long and I only want to use 4 seconds of it that begin 5 minutes in?

Michael Heldman
Spot Welders

Return to posts index

kevlareditor
on Oct 19, 2006 at 3:52:20 am

You can edit your clips in the final cut timeline. Select them, right click and select "send to motion" that section of your timeline will be in a layer edited ready to go.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]