FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding Timelines in Project

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pseudojag
Adding Timelines in Project
on Oct 15, 2006 at 4:32:47 pm

Howdy Cowpokes,

On my first Motion project and was wondering if it is at all possible to create multiple timelines in a project just like how multiple comps are created in After Effects?

Also, can I reduce my timeline's duration (and not just the in-to-out duration)?

Thanks for your help,

-Phil

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Adding Timelines in Project
on Oct 15, 2006 at 5:11:53 pm

Try project settings to change the size of a project. You can nest multiple comps using layers.

Noah

Return to posts index

pseudojag
on Oct 15, 2006 at 5:22:55 pm

Hi Noah,

What I meant was

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 15, 2006 at 10:29:07 pm

Not really sure what you mean. But if you're talking about multiple independent sequences like you can in FCP- no. But using layers and turning them on and off you can accomplish pretty much the same thing and layers can also be cut and pasted between open projects. I can't think of a situation that's ever come up in Motion where this has been a limiting factor.

Noah

Return to posts index

pseudojag
on Oct 15, 2006 at 11:29:24 pm

[Noah Kadner] "Not really sure what you mean. But if you're talking about multiple independent sequences like you can in FCP- no. " Yes. That's what I was reffering to.

So if your program requires multiple clips with effects, you would create a new project in Motion for each portion of your show that needs an effect in Motion?

I was hoping for the ability to create multiple timelines (like in FCp or

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 16, 2006 at 12:08:30 am

As I said you could certainly place additional clips later on the same timeline, you just cannot have multiple independent timeline/compositions within one project as you can say with AFX.

But that's not to stop you from having several Motion projects open all under the same folder. Like I said- this hasn't ever hindered my workflow in the least. Just a different way of looking at it I guess.

-Noah

Return to posts index

JIm Kanter
on Oct 17, 2006 at 5:01:31 pm

One timeline per project. Noah is describing how you can create the Motion equivalent of AE's nesting comps by nesting layers, but if you want multiple versions of the same animation/composite, then you have to create multiple layers and toggle them enabled/disabled as needed. If you want separate versions, you have to save separate files.

Have you tried using the PROVIDE FEEDBACK menu item under the MOTION application menu?

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]