FORUMS: list search recent posts

NTSC monitor w/ motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pasteater
NTSC monitor w/ motion
on Oct 11, 2006 at 1:27:38 pm

I'd Like to edit in motion viewing it on my NTSC monitor like I can in Final Cut Pro. Is this possible and how? Thanx

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: NTSC monitor w/ motion
on Oct 11, 2006 at 3:46:30 pm

Via a Firewire deck or camera or a Blackmagic or Kona card.

Noah

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
on Oct 11, 2006 at 11:37:15 pm

Or Aja Io with the right driver, BUT I've had one problem with the Aja Io and driver connection. Switching back and forth between FCP and Motion, will cause the output from Motion to stop almost every single time. You have to have an app to go to between FCP and Motion. If Motion stops outputting video, you have to restart Motion in order to get the output to work again. Super annoying!

"If God could do the tricks we can do, He'd be a happy Man." - Peter O'Toole - "The Stuntman"

Machine Model: Power Mac G5
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (3.0)
Number Of CPUs: 2
CPU Speed: 2.5 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 4.5 GB
Final Cut Studio (Not Universal, yet)

Return to posts index

Mattyc
on Oct 12, 2006 at 9:19:06 pm

It happens with FCP, Motion, AE, Combustion Etc. The Apps Don't know how to share a firewire device, so when you tab from one app to another you will get a warning letting you know you it can't pick up the device. It's not exclusive to AJA as I seem to recall it happens anytime you are viewing out of firewrie.
-mattyc

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
on Oct 12, 2006 at 10:04:28 pm

Ah, I see. Thank you for clearing my head. I don't use AE or Combustion so I've noticed it with anything else, though I would have thought I would notice it with SoundtrackPro, but haven't yet.

"If God could do the tricks we can do, He'd be a happy Man." - Peter O'Toole - "The Stuntman"

Machine Model: Power Mac G5
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (3.0)
Number Of CPUs: 2
CPU Speed: 2.5 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 4.5 GB
Final Cut Studio (Not Universal, yet)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]