FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transparent Bacground on export to FCP

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dog food
Transparent Bacground on export to FCP
on Oct 7, 2006 at 4:01:23 pm

HI,

I have made a graphic in Motion that will be used as a wipe/transition on a TV show.
When I export the Graphic it has a BLACK (no opacity) background. I only want the graphic exported and the rest of the field to be transparent.

There must be some option in Motion correct?

thanks

Return to posts index

bogiesan
Re: Transparent Bacground on export to FCP
on Oct 11, 2006 at 9:45:56 pm

Use the Animation codec for the render. Make sure you have the options to not render the background set properly so the opaque background is not rendered but remains transparent. Check the documentation, it's all there.
Are you sure the alpha channel is missing? Maybe your destination application is just not seeing it properly.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

dog food
on Oct 12, 2006 at 12:33:50 am

The animation codec??? in FCP?

Where are the rendering option in Motion 2 ?

I am pretty sure the adjustment needs to be made in MOTION.. I am exporting something WRONG...
I have set all the background settings to transparent.. but it the back ground still comes out BLACK..

As a temperary fix, I have put a white MATTE behind my transition (in motion) and then used the "Multiply" composites (in FCP) .... everything white vanishes..

It is not perfect but very close..

I really appreciate your response and help.

cheers

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on Oct 12, 2006 at 12:42:26 am

Make sure you are not field rendering or have motion blur - that completely s***s the animation codec up.

A quick check is to grab the icon off the Motion bar, shift tab to FCP then drop it on the timeline or into a bin.
Doesn't help the above though

Peter

Free Motion Templates

peterwiggins.com

Return to posts index

dog food
on Oct 12, 2006 at 3:44:39 am

PAGE 902 in the manual.. I found it.. thanks to your clues!!

thanks
!!!!!!!

cheers

MESSAGE BOARDS are for assisting people.. when One is loving to others One gets the gift of being Oneself...

Under NO circumstance is it ever worth being anything but loving.. because then ONE loose yorself..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]