FORUMS: list search recent posts

iTunes efx

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
paul boyer
iTunes efx
on Oct 5, 2006 at 3:13:31 pm

Does anyone know how they did the new iTunes efx? I have a client asking for that for a project.
Thanks
pb

HD Production/Post
Varicam
1200 Firewire & 1080i cards installed
All DVCAM & Mini DV
Pansonic 100a
sony pd150's
Arri srII (16mm) Arri III (35mm) vp's & other lenses. Time lapse mitchells ... all in house

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: iTunes efx
on Oct 5, 2006 at 3:49:25 pm

Which efx?

Return to posts index

paul boyer
on Oct 5, 2006 at 3:51:31 pm

The light streaks. I know how to do that with film, but it's not like the on air spot. is it motion? shake? How was this done to mix the effect with the live motion?
Thanks
pbaffled

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 5, 2006 at 4:21:03 pm

The "light streaks"? Are you taking about an iTunes visualizer or some commercial? In either event I'd suspect you could probably come up with something alike using partical emitters in Motion.

Noah

Return to posts index

specialcase
on Oct 5, 2006 at 5:08:13 pm

Heya,

I think he's referring to the colored light trails in the new iPod Nano commercials. It's similar to the old flashlight/long-exposure trick of days gone by.

While it would be possible (but really tedious) to do the shots in a 3D compositor, I would guess the trails were generated in anapp like Maya. A 3D tracker like Boujou or PFTrack could be used to solve the path of movement, then you just run a surface along that path (with the appropriate streak texture). Even with that much automation, it would take a decent amound of hand-tweaking to ensure that the trail surface is properly oriented for twisting.

Combine all that with a bunch of roto, keying and color-correction, and you're golden ;)

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
on Oct 5, 2006 at 5:46:20 pm

Amazing spots!

I think it's cool cause it reminds me of the photographs of Picaso painting in the air.

"If God could do the tricks we can do, He'd be a happy Man." - Peter O'Toole - "The Stuntman"

Machine Model: Power Mac G5
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (3.0)
Number Of CPUs: 2
CPU Speed: 2.5 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 4.5 GB
Final Cut Studio (Not Universal, yet)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]