FORUMS: list search recent posts

Antialiasing methods are screwing up my comps!

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mel Matsuoka
Antialiasing methods are screwing up my comps!
on Aug 25, 2006 at 10:09:20 am

Can somebody explain the following wierdness, which is causing me to absolutely hate Motion at this precise moment?

This is how I want the image to look:

This is how the image looks when I change the antialiasing method to "Best" (for my final render):

Is there a reason why the booklet images get scaled within their bounding-boxes when I switch the AA to "Best"? It's pretty friggen irritating...

I'm working in a DV resolution comp. The images of the booklet are 1244x1836 JPEGs.

What's even wierder is that when I bring the Motion project into my main FCP timeline, it displays the wrong, "scaled" booklets, even if the AA method is set to "normal" in Motion.

What gives?

My system specs:

Motion 2.1.2
FCP 5.1.1 on OSX 10.4.7/Intel
2 GB system RAM (Macbook Pro), 256MB VRAM
Quicktime Pro 7.1.2
All recent Pro Apps updates installed

Return to posts index

Greg Niles
Re: Antialiasing methods are screwing up my comps!
on Aug 28, 2006 at 6:11:15 pm

Are you using 16-bit or 32-bit float rendering? The images look like they've been cropped because you've run out of VRAM on your graphics card, which could be triggered by any combination of larger image resolution, plus using Best mode, and/or enabling 16 or 32-bit rendering. Do the images need to be that size, are you zooming into them? If not, I would suggest decreasing the resolution of the images in an image editor before using them in Motion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved