FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing preferences for default font

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
RARudio
Changing preferences for default font
on Aug 10, 2006 at 4:36:09 pm

Can I change the font default preference (Geneva) to something else? Thanks in advance!

Roland

Return to posts index

Tony!
Re: Changing preferences for default font
on Aug 13, 2006 at 9:37:47 pm

No, there's no way to change it in the current version that I know of. Hopefully, that will be address in future version. I guess the non-solution, solution right now would be to use the Inspector to create a custom style for the fonts/styles you use most often.

Tony!

Return to posts index

Greg Niles
on Aug 14, 2006 at 5:03:05 pm

One way is to create a text object using the font/style you like, entering some obvious text like "Add Text", then drag & drop this text object from the Layers list to the Favorites Menu category in the Library. You can then add text from the menu quickly without having to change the font.

It's also possible using the System Preferences to create a key shortcut for this saved text object, to make it even faster. Just go into the Keyboard preferences and enter the exact name of the menu under the Motion application, and assign it a key (make sure it's not a shortcut already in use - I used option-t for this). Now, whenever I need a new text object, I just hit option-t and it appears instantly in the center of my canvas in the font and style I normally use.

-- Greg

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Aug 13, 2006 at 9:45:24 pm

Use Boris 3D for your text tool. Once you create your first graphic, it should retain that preference for every graphic after that.

Or simply create your first graphic in the timeline and then simply Copy > Paste the graphic. This will retain the font and style of the graphic. That's what I do all the time when I'm creating graphics in FCP.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Aug 13, 2006 at 9:46:00 pm

[walter biscardi] "Use Boris 3D for your text tool. Once you create your first graphic, it should retain that preference for every graphic after that."

Whoops, that the FCP method, no Boris 3D in Motion.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]