FORUMS: list search recent posts

Terrible Motion 2 problems

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
LonnyP
Terrible Motion 2 problems
on Aug 9, 2006 at 4:21:09 pm

I recently used Motion to add text animations throughout several 5 min music video. I ran into quite a few problems and was wondering if anyone has had any of these problems. All of these problems happened using Motion 2 on several different G5 dual processor workstations and Powerbook G4 laptops. Deep breath....

Animations inside a folder with a Global filter (such as Hue Saturation) applied to the folder caused jitter and artifacting
Animations would randomly shake (re-rendering would often fix it without changing anything)
Blur off would sometimes require manually adding a key frame at the end or it would pop at the end of the move. Sometimes it worked fine.
Exporting to a 320X240 quicktime would cause text animations to shift drastically
Changing blending modes would sometimes cause text moves to jitter upon rendering. Change it back to normal and it was smooth.
Rendering took and extraordinarily long time. About 45 minutes to an hour.
Background clip would randomly shift about 30 pixels to left or right for 1 or 2 frames. Re-rendering would fix it.
Heavy Glow behavior would occasionally freeze half way through animation leaving text jumbled.

I think that's about it. Thank you for your feedback.

Lonny

Return to posts index

UpAllNight
Re: Terrible Motion 2 problems
on Aug 10, 2006 at 2:58:16 pm

I posted my problems a couple days ago... seems like I've got some of the problems you're experiencing, though only on text animations. Some of the blur and glow fx "pop" on the last frame, and I've not been able to remedy the mysterious floating text problem. I do notice a lot of jittering on the text when I'm using a blur fade in/out, but outputting a quicktime using motion blur seems to have solved that problem, at least reducing it to a more acceptable level.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]