FORUMS: list search recent posts

Having a 3D Arrow draw and travel

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
robotops
Having a 3D Arrow draw and travel
on Aug 1, 2006 at 8:36:20 pm

I really need to have a 3d arrow draw itself like a ribon around a moving subject in a video. I am thinking something that goes completely around the subject, front and back. Is this even possible in motion? I have a After Effects too, if it would be easyer on that, however my intel mac won't run it.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Having a 3D Arrow draw and travel
on Aug 1, 2006 at 10:49:00 pm

Depends how 3D you want it. If it's truly 3D you would need something like Maya, Cinema 4D or Lightwave. Perhaps you can point to an online example of what you're looking for.

Noah

Return to posts index

robotops
on Aug 1, 2006 at 11:09:05 pm

i was just looking for an example.. i guess when i say 3d i mean an acuall 2d arrow but it acts as a ribon

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 2, 2006 at 2:39:39 pm

Well again it depends on what you expect from the look but to reveal something gradually you can use many methods for example keyframing a bezier mask over time would do it and then keyframe the arrow to follow the part of the mask being revealed.

-Noah

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
on Aug 4, 2006 at 11:24:24 pm

I made a slate/count down for our company that includes what I like to call "3d." The numbers for the countdown are orbited by a little planet. I'm not sure what the best way to describe what I did is, but here goes....

Simplified:
I have 3 layers. Top, middle, and bottom. On the middle layer are the numbers for the countdown. On the top layer, the planet is going from left to right and in front of the numbers. On the bottom layer, the planet is going from right to left and behind the numbers. I added a slight angle to it so it looked more "planetary" and there you go. It takes some time to get the Bezier curves and timing to look right, but it works.... at least until Motion gets a little more 3D....

"If God could do the tricks we can do, He'd be a happy Man." - Peter O'Toole - "The Stuntman"

Machine Model: Power Mac G5
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (3.0)
Number Of CPUs: 2
CPU Speed: 2.5 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 4.5 GB
Final Cut Studio (Not Universal, yet)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]