FORUMS: list search recent posts

fuzzy image

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
snowstorm
fuzzy image
on Jul 28, 2006 at 8:03:26 pm

I'm importing a 3 layer photoshop image and I'm getting two of the smaller image layers sharp but the larger one fuzzy. Photoshop looks great but in motion the larger one is very soft. Its a very long shot 720X7300 and the two smaller ones are 720X500/300 for alternatives during the scrolling of the long one.

I've reloaded it a couple of times and looking for some way to sharpen the layer, but its sharp in photoshop. What to do?

Return to posts index

specialcase
Re: fuzzy image
on Jul 28, 2006 at 9:25:15 pm

Heya,

If that's not a typo and one of your layers really is 7300px on a side, then that's your problem. Motion does all its processing on the graphics card, and GPUs have a hardware limit on how large a texture they can draw/process. ATI cards (at the moment) are limited to 2048x2048. Nvidia cards can go to 4096x4096. Anything larger than that has to be cropped by the card, but Motion resizes the image to the max size (2K or 4K) for you, to prevent that cropping. Unfortunately, that resizing doesn't always look so hot. You'll need to resize your media in PS before bringing it in, most likely.

A more thorough explanation can be found here: http://www.motionsmarts.com/tutorials/nutsandbolts/sizematters.html

Good luck!

Return to posts index

snowstorm
Re: fuzzy image
on Jul 29, 2006 at 7:03:52 am

Hey thanks,

I cut the project and used two parts. I also reduced the width to 400 px sized image and it works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]