FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion truncating audio

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liane G Rozzell
Motion truncating audio
on Jul 25, 2006 at 8:31:46 pm

This is making me crazy and on deadline, too! I'm having to create clips for portrait-oriented monitors in Windows Media. I export QT files with video and audio from FCP and bring them into Motion. There, I rotate the video layer 90 degrees and resize slightly to fit. Then I export animation codec QTs in order to take them into Compressor to make the .wmv files (with Flip4Mac). For some reason, the QT that Motion exports is missing the last 13 to 20 seconds or so of audio. This is consistent across several different files of lengths ranging from 1:40 to 4:05 (MM:SS). I can hear all the audio in Motion! I am exporting the audio at 48K, which is the resolution of the file.

Since these are odd file sizes (1280x768, square pixel, progressive), I'm loathe to re-import them to FCP before exporting again and going to compressor, because it will slow me down lots.

Can anyone tell me what's going on here? Or suggest a better way to do this?

Motion 2.0.1 on Quad 2.5 GHz G5 OS 10.4.4 with 4.5Gb RAM. I have the universal version of FCP Studio, but am wary of upgrading mid-project unless it solves an actual problem like this one.

Peace,
Liane

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Motion truncating audio
on Jul 26, 2006 at 6:44:02 am

Anytime you mess with WMP in Mac you are in for issues. I'd suggest exporting the audio seperately from the video and trying it that way. Otherwise a trip to FCP may be in order. This should not add a huge amount of extra time especially if again you are only exporting the matched up audio in FCP with already rendered video

Noah

Return to posts index

Liane G Rozzell
on Jul 26, 2006 at 6:44:17 pm

It's not the Windows Media step that's giving me problems, it's the export from Motion (animation codec QT 1280x768 square pixels 30 fps). Bringing it back into FCP DOES add lots more time because even having a sequence preset to those same dimensions requires a lot of time to export back out. It's not a size FCP likes, but I have to live with it. I think the better solution might be to marry the audio and video in QT pro.

But this is all workaround-ville. Does anyone know why Motion won't just export the whole audio track?

Peace,
Liane

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 26, 2006 at 8:58:32 pm

I think the better solution might be to marry the audio and video in QT pro.

That's along the lines of what I was meaning. Motion and audio are problematic.

Noah

Return to posts index

Seligo
on Aug 2, 2006 at 9:03:43 pm

I am having the same problem. Motion does not export the audio as it plays in the application itself. Simply put, it is ignoring the in and out markers visible in the audio editor, and the graphical version of these visible in both the timeline and mini-timeline. I was hoping someone would say, "Oh, you must have not clicked 'Use marked audio region forfor playback'" or "you forgot to master the audio," or "you need to have clicked the master before exporting"...we must be doing something wrong, because none of the help documentation acknowledges that Motion might ignore all the sound edits when it exports.

There might be a simple work around for me, as I only need to make a DVD of my stills-to-music, and hence could use a DV deck to master it, if like FCP it could be made to reliably play on what I can see on my cinema display through the DV deck. It doesn't. Anyone know how to set that up properly? All I have done is set the Output preference...is there somewhere else this needs to be set?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]