FORUMS: list search recent posts

42" Plasma TV Help

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jasonhardy
42" Plasma TV Help
on Jul 25, 2006 at 8:08:23 pm

I'm trying to set up some motion graphics for a 42"Plasma Screen and I'm having trouble getting my text to look clean. The specs for the TV (Brand: LG, Model: 42PX3DCV, 42" EDTV Integrated Plasma Display) say that the Resolution Display is 852x480p and under Output Resolutions it says: NTSC, VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA: 852x480p.

So, I set up my motion project at 852x480 pixels, use Motion's text editor to create all of the text graphics and then import that in DVD Studio Pro and test it out on the client's TV.

Basically, the problem is that I have to change the TV's view mode to ZOOM, otherwise there is a black margin around the canvas area. When its on ZOOM display everything looks slightly jagged, or pixelated, like its being enlarged. Also, when the text tweens from one spot to the next I get interlacing lines.

I know this is a hefty order, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm stressing.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: 42" Plasma TV Help
on Jul 26, 2006 at 9:00:21 pm

How are you getting the signal to the plasma- on a file from a DVD player?

Noah

Return to posts index

jasonhardy
on Jul 26, 2006 at 9:05:54 pm

Yeah, its a looping dvd on a standard dvd player. Its not an HD player.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 26, 2006 at 10:09:39 pm

Make sure you are using the anamorphic 16:9 settings in Compressor and in DVDSP as well as Motion. If you are doing everything right it should show in native 16:9 on a plasma display if that's setup right.

Noah

Return to posts index

Vincent Rice
on Jul 31, 2006 at 3:01:01 pm

Ignore the resolution of the Plasma display. This is only of significance if you are directly driving the display at that resolution from computer. Since you are driving the display from a DVD then your project set-up should be either PAL or NTSC anamorphic. When displayed at 16:9 on the plasma you will be getting the best resolution available. Be warned; unless you drive these displays directly from a computer at the native resolution, the picture quality for text and graphics will always be compromised.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]