FORUMS: list search recent posts

line, edit line, keyframing

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
line, edit line, keyframing
on Jul 21, 2006 at 8:59:37 pm

Slightly revised from yesterday's posting:

FCP editor new to Motion. I have a 2D landscape rendering that moves from left to right for a few seconds and I would like to trace a line over the rolling landscape. Yesterday I was directed to a nice tutorial (Map lines) on how to make the line's attributes with Replicator. My problem is getting to that point in my process.

I come into the shot with my line already drawn, and it is supposed to snake over the rolling landscape, it's length about half of the frame, I have about 8 anchor points to make my contour. I'm trying to set keyframes every two or three frames, but everytime I go to make my anchor point adjustments, the line closes up and it won't allow me to edit it, even doubling clicking in the canvas or right clicking on the shape it snapped to, or toggling thru the different views. This is very frustrating. I was succesful once last night after I trashed preferences but it's acting up again today. Any suggestions?

Also, what is the best way to set keyframes (hit Record button once/hit again to stop) after my adjustment, advance frame(s) and repeat?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved