FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing sequentially

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nmcglynn
Importing sequentially
on Jul 7, 2006 at 5:35:23 pm

Hi,
I am a beginner and am doing a tutorial that calls for importing 2 psd images by dragging them to the mini timeline and selecting the sequential option. Once on the timeline however, the first image I don't see at all it just black and when I scrub through to the 2nd image it has a white background. I checked both images in photoshop and they do show transpartency. The video shows them being imported this way and they have a black background. Both pictures are of a kids head. But when I bring them in and chose the composite option they are fine.
I would really appreicate some help on this. I don't know Final Cut Pro at all so I'm hoping it may be something simple I've overlook. This is at the beginning of the tutorial so I didn't get to far.
nmcglynn

Return to posts index

Jim Kanter
Re: Importing sequentially
on Jul 8, 2006 at 1:45:01 pm

Whose tutorial?

Have you tried compositing them over a background image?

What happens when you add them in composite mode and then drag one after the other in the timeline?

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

nmcglynn
Re: Importing sequentially
on Jul 10, 2006 at 3:18:28 pm

Thanks for answering my post. It's a DMTS tutorial from Inside Final Cut Studio and it's the 'Inside Motion' disk. They apprear okay when I add them in composite mode. It's just when I choose sequental mode. I'm such a beginner and this is discouraging. I'll try adding 2 difference images other than their's and see if it still happens. Would it be in the preferences?

nmcglynn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]