FORUMS: list search recent posts

acceptable render times... ?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zak Mussig
acceptable render times... ?
on Jul 6, 2006 at 5:17:24 pm

I have a couple Motion projects with still images on top of each other... they're each about 6 seconds long, have 3 pieces on top of each other, a couple filters on each piece (some combination of luma key, gaussian blur, outer glow, de-saturate), the top piece moves across the screen via keyframing (no behaviors), and both have HDV 1080i60 settings...
and both claim they'll take somewhere in the high 20's hours to render to quicktime with HDV 1080i60 settings with no audio.

That seems insane to me, so I wanted to see if anyone else had done HDV in motion, and what kind of render times I should be looking at for something a few seconds long, with that level of stuff going on.

The project I'm doing now is all HDV, all high-res stills, and has been painfully slow in FCP, Motion, and Compressor...
This is my first project on this machine, my first project with HDV settings (with no HDV footage), and I just want something to stand on in terms of expectations... right now I'm missing G5 at my old job and sweet, sweet DV.

My current machine if a dual 2.5 G5 with 8GB of RAM, 10.4.7, and I've just installed the x.1's (universal FCS apps)

Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry for the info overload,
Zak

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: acceptable render times... ?
on Jul 6, 2006 at 5:36:44 pm

HDV requires tons of processor power. My suggestion would be to convert to 8-bit uncompressed in FCP first then do your Motion work or the Animation Codec or DVCPROHD.

Noah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]